- 2016-2018 Dr.K.Santhy, Dr. Karthikeyan, Assistant Professor, Department of Materials Engineering., Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, UGC networking project along with IISc on “Phase Stability in Ni3(Ti,V) Intermetallic System”.
- 2015-2016 Dr.Vijaya chitra Arasu twice received a grant from DST NIMAT Project and EDI Ahmedabad to conduct three days camp On Entrepreneurship awareness program.
- 2015-2016 Dr.Vijayachitra Arasu and Dr.Santhy obtained a grant of Rs.2,24,700 for conducting motivational program for talented school girls from DST-NCSTC.
- 2014-2015 Dr.Vijaya chitra Arasu received a grant from DST NIMAT Project and EDI Ahmedabad to conduct three days camp On Entrepreneurship awareness program.
- 2013-2014 Dr.M.Kumar received a grant of Rs.1,50,000 to conduct a conference on Advances in Next Generation Materials from AICTE
- 2013-2016 Dr.K.Santhy received a young scientist start up research grant of Rs.21,70,000 under DST Fast track scheme on “Experimental study and thermodynamic assessment of Ni-V ternary system by coupling CALPHAD and first principle method”
- 2012-2013 Dr.K.santhy received a grant of Rs.50,000 from DAE-BRNS for conducting a workshop
BEST OUTGOING STUDENT OF THE YEAR 2017 – Ananth M
ANNA UNIVERSITY GOLD MEDALISTS
- Batch 2009-2013 Santhosh Kumar Rao C
- Batch 2010-2013 Senthazal P
Prize Winners in METMAT ’14 conducted by Department of Metallurgy, GCE, Salem
- B.Priyadharshini and C.Sherley Romena II year MSE students won 3rd prize in the paper presentation category,
- B.Freeda priyadarshini and J.Hency vinola won 3rd prize in technical quiz and
- B.Vishnupriya and J.Ramya priya won 2nd prize in the metallagraphy competition
Industrial visits/Institution vists
|Date of Visit
|TVS Motor Company, Plant II, Hosur
|14th Dec 2017
|Innoforge Pvt Ltd.
|14th Dec 2017
|Tamilnadu Heat Treatment and fettling services pvt ltd., Hosur
|13th Dec 2017
|CSIR-Central ElectroChemical Research Institute, Karaikudi
|26th Sep 2017
|NIT, Trichy (NDT Testings)
|9th Sep 2017
|Ceeyes Engineering Industries Pvt Ltd., Tiruchirappalli
|5th Aug. 2017
|Velmurugan Industries, Trichy
|20th Aug 2016
|Vizag steel plant, Vizag
|6-12th Aug. 2016
|8th Sep. 2015
|HMT tools and Foundry, Cochin ,Kerala
ISRO, Trivandrum, Kerala
|6-8th Feb. 2015
|Carborundum Universal india Ltd., Ranipet
|10th Sep. 2014
|Sakti Foundires, Erode
|20th Sep. 2014
|Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore Premier Illumination Ltd., Mysore
|26-27th Oct. 2014
Students also underwent in-plant training in Rane engine valves, Rane TRW, High energy batteries, IGCAR, Dalmia Refractories, Matrix boilers, Vizag Steel Plant, Roots industries Kovai, Delphi, Chennai, Petroleum corporation, Chennai and Salem Steel plant.In-plant Training
Programs for Students
- CARE group of Institutions has initiated a new program called “Clairvoyance” to promote students intelligence, research capabilities, new concepts, presentation skills, communication skills through daily two hour basis in all departments
- Based on Clairvoyance, Material Science and Engineering has grouped a team consists of IInd, IIIrd and IV year students for small projects which help to understand the basics and to gain the hands on experience.
- Department has identified topper from all the year to carry out important projects conceptualized by students and faculties.
- Students attended a one week training course on Failure analysis of industrial components conducted by Advanced Training Institute, under ministry of labour and employment, Chennai.
- Students attended two days workshop on welding technology and non destructive testing at CIT Coimbatore.