About IIC of CARE
The Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India has established ‘MoE’s Innovation Cell (MIC)’ to systematically foster the culture of Innovation among all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs).
MIC has envisioned encouraging creation of ‘Institution’s Innovation Council (IICs) across selected HEIs.
The IICs are established to promote innovation and entrepreneurship in the Institution and to create an innovation promotion ecosystem in the campus.
IIC is basically a supportive ecosystem which tries to give multiple levels of support for the student innovators.
Major Focus of IIC
- To create a vibrant Innovation ecosystem.
- Start-up supporting mechanism in HEIs.
- Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of institutions on innovation achievements framework.
- Establish function ecosystem for scouting ideas and pre-incubation of ideas.
Function of IIC
- Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- Network with peers and entrepreneurship development organizations.
- Help students and faculty to convert their ideas into working prototypes using hardware and software resources.
- Organize Hackathons, design contests etc. with the involvement of industries.