In order to create and maintain a community in which teaching, non-teaching staff and students can work together in an environment free of sexual violence, harassment, exploitation and intimidation, CARE College of Engineering has proactively formed a Committee for Prevention of Sexual Harassment (POSH) under the recommendation of the Anna University, Chennai.
The Role of the Committee:
- Prevent discrimination and sexual harassment against women, by promoting gender amity among students and employees;
- Deal with cases of discrimination and sexual harassment against women, in a time bound manner, aiming at ensuring support services to the victimized and termination of the harassment; to ensure that appropriate action is taken against the offender.
- To ensure that victims and witnesses are not victimized or discriminated because of their complaint.
- To take proactive measures towards sensitization of the working and learning community on gender issues so that the college is an excellent work place for all.
- Recommend appropriate punitive action against the guilty party.
Composition of Sexual Harassment Redressal Committee
|Ms. Sudhapriya B
|Ms. Christina Merline Y D
|AP / S&H
|Ms. Ranjani V
|AP / ADS
|Ms. Shri Harini K
|II Yr MBA
|Mr. Karthik Raja N
|IV Yr CSE
|Mr. Leander Vikram S Kumar
|IV Yr ADS