The Department of Civil Engineering is one of CARE’s oldest and finest branches, started in 2009 at the CARE School of Engineering. The department offers a Bachelor’s degree programme of four years duration and a two year Master’s degree program in Construction Management. Our graduate education programs combine several fields of inquiry, such as structural engineering, environmental engineering, transportation, and soil and foundation mechanisms. To support these programmes, the Department has a team of highly qualified and professionally experienced faculty members with specializations in multiple areas, including structural engineering, surveying, construction engineering, water resources, environmental engineering, transportation, geotechnology, remote sensing and GIS. The enterprising faculty members of the department regularly conduct specialized short courses, lectures, and industrial visits, which are the need of the hour in the industrial point of view, and help students understand Civil Engineering to its core.
Students feel comfortable with fully equipped laboratories and the modern machineries available for practice in the workshops. They pursue their educational and research interests under the generous and watchful eyes of the friendly faculty through practical training, mini projects and guest lectures from industrial experts and eminent professors from leading institutes of our country and abroad.
Department of Civil Engineering provides leadership in the field by focusing on technological innovations, seeking advances in basic knowledge, concentrating on quantitative and analytical approaches, novel experiment-based modelling, and the use of appropriate tools and technology. The department boasts of giving personal attention to each and every students need, excellent teaching and innovative, multi-disciplinary approach to research.
- BE Civil Engineering
- ME Construction Engineering and Management
- To impart knowledge, keeping abreast with the innovations in design, changing technologies, new age materials, for sustainable development and exploring its limitless possibilities
- To maintain a culture that helps to cultivate aptitude for research, concern for environment, acquire life-long skills, develop professional competence and to interact with industries.
- To imbibe innovative thinking, instill leadership quality and seed entrepreneurial aspiration.
- To help one to inculcate a sharp competitive spirit and high professional ethics.
Regulation and Curriculum : Anna University Regulation and Syllabus
PEO’s, PO’s & PSO’S :PEO’s, PO’s &PSO’s
Anna University Rank Holders
- Ms.S.Vinothini – Anna University Rank 36
- Ms.R.Maheswari – Anna University Rank 40
- Mr.V.Arul Pandiyan – Anna University Rank 44
- Ms.R.Menaka – Anna University Rank 36
- Mr. N.Bharathkumar – Overall Anna University Rank 1
- Mr. R.Vadivelu – Overall Anna University Rank 9